Mammoth Lakes Community Update
Town Council Meeting Agenda Items – December 7, 2022
- Town Council will conduct a Public Hearing to consider the adoption of a resolution approving the solid waste disposal charges and rates for January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2027, and in a second hearing, consider adopting and amending the 2022 California Building Standards Code and making minor changes to Chapters 15.04, 15.12, 15.16, 15.24, 15.40 of the Mammoth Lakes Municipal Code.
- The Mayor will present the Spirit of Mammoth Award, and Town Council will recognize outgoing Councilmember Kirk Stapp and outgoing Mayor Lynda Salcido.
- Town Council will consider adopting the resolution reciting the fact of the Municipal Election held on November 8, 2022, declaring the result and such other matters as provided by law, including the administration of the oath of office to newly-elected Councilmembers.
- Town Council will appoint the Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem.
- Click here to view the December 7, 2022 Meeting Agenda.
Be SnowSmart This Winter!
Driving during a winter storm puts yourself, your passengers, those traveling around you, and plow and emergency crews at risk. Plan to travel after the roads are plowed or use FREE public transit.
- Look out for and obey all posted traffic signage – especially regarding speed limits and chain controls.
- Slow down – Speeding is a major cause of winter accidents.
- Keep your distance from snow removal equipment and do not pass.
- Remove snow from the top of your vehicle
- Visit roads.dot.ca.gov or call (800) 427-7623 for the latest road conditions.
- Please click here for SnowSmart tips!
Winter Recreation Update
- Mammoth Parks and Recreation: Register your child in our expanding youth winter programs and registration is also OPEN for our Winter Coed Adult Sports Leagues – Hockey, Curling, Indoor Soccer and Indoor Volleyball. Register online or call (760) 965-3690.
- Mammoth Mountain: Main and Canyon are now open for the season. Eagle Lodge, Chair 8, and Eagle Express (15) will open Friday, December 2 through December 4. Weather permitting, Chair 22 opened for the season.
- June Mountain: Opens for the season on Saturday, December 10, a week early!
- Eagle Lodge: Opens for the season on Saturday, December 10.
- Snowmobile Adventures and Woolly’s Tube Park: Opens December 2-4 and December 9-11. They will both open for the season starting December 16 and operate 7-days a week.
- Ikon Pass Holder Early Ups have been postponed to Sunday, December 11 due to heavy snowfall. This is the last week to purchase an Ikon Pass for the 2022/23 season – the go off sale on December 8.
- Tamarack XC: Tamarack Cross-Country Ski Center is OPEN.
- Town Nordic Trails: Shady Rest Nordic Trails will be groomed as conditions allow. For up-to-date grooming reports check the Trails Conditions page on mammothtrails.org. Please clean up after your pooch, and if you bag it, take it!
It’s Flu Season – Get your Shot!
Mono County Public Health are hosting several FLU and COVID-19 (Coronavirus) vaccine clinics. Influenza (flu) is a contagious disease that can be serious. Every year millions of people get sick and thousands are hospitalized or die. A yearly flu vaccine is the first and most important step to protect yourself and your family against flu viruses. Everyone 6 months or older should get an annual flu vaccine. In addition to a vaccine, you can help to stop the spread of flu viruses by avoiding close contact with those that are sick, covering your coughs and sneezes, and washing your hands often. Click here to view the Mono County Public Health Immunization schedule for December.
MHS Boosters Christmas Tree Sales
Opens from December 3-24 in the Minaret Village Mall (Vons): M-F 3:30-7pm / S-S 11am-7pm. Click here for additional information.
(From Town of Mammoth Lakes)