AQI and Weather Report for 10-5-21

Air Quality Report


Bishop: 88 (moderate)

Big Pine: 88 (moderate)

Independence: 54 (moderate)

Lone Pine: 54 (moderate)

Olancha: 18 (good)

Furnace Creek: 43 (good)

Smoke Forecast: Air quality for Inyo County will be fluctuating between now and Sunday. Tomorrow, Wednesday, we’re supposed to get more smoke blowing in that will stay through Thursday, blow out for Friday and Saturday giving us good air for most of the weekend, and then return on Sunday.



Mammoth Lakes: 79 (moderate)

June Lake: 79 (moderate)

Lee Vining: 130 (unhealthy for sensitive groups)

Bridgeport: 111 (unhealthy for sensitive groups)

Walker: 45 (good)

Smoke Forecast: The air quality for Mono County has been in the “unhealthy for sensitive groups” range since last Saturday, and will continue until Thursday. The changing wind directions will clear out the smoke, putting Mono County in the “good” range for Friday and Saturday, and dipping back into “moderate” on Sunday.


Weather Report

Photo credit: Norfolk Daily News

For Bishop, we’ll have some wind today, Tuesday, with gusts reaching up to 23 mph, and continue through Wednesday and Thursday with gusts averaging 18-20 mph. Starting Thursday, Bishop has a 20% chance of showers, which goes up to a 50% chance of showers Thursday night and a 60% chance of showers on Friday.

Highs will be in the 70s-80s and lows in the 40s between now and Friday, when a cold front will drop our temperatures to daytime highs in the 60s and nighttime lows in the mid to high 30s. A freeze is possible later this week, so make sure your gardens are harvested!


Mammoth Lakes will also have wind Tuesday night through Thursday night, with gusts between 15-20 mph. On Wednesday, there is a 20% chance of showers and a 40% chance of showers on Thursday. Thursday night, rain/snow is likely with a 60% chance, going up to an 80% chance on Friday, with a slight chance Friday night and Saturday morning.

0 0 votes
News Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

We make money by selling ads to out platform. Please show the advertisements so we can keep the website free to you. Support local news.