Mammoth Lakes Community Update – May 13, 2022
2022 Defensible Space & Community Clean-Up Day Event Starts Today!
The Town in partnership with Mammoth Disposal, Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce, and Volunteer Eastern Sierra (VES) has scheduled a Defensible Space and Community Clean-Up Event today, Friday, May 13 & Saturday, May 14. Pick up your FREE bags NOW from the Town of Mammoth Lakes Offices (8am-noon & 1-5pm).
Drop by Footloose Sports on May 14 from 9:00am-12:00pm to collect complimentary trash bags, a community clean-up map, and recycling information along with helpful clean-up tips. Green Waste & Trash can be dropped off for FREE on May 13/14 at the Town Yard, located at 299 Commerce Drive, between 8am-3:30pm.
For additional information or to volunteer please click here or contact Jena Carter, Code Compliance Officer at (760) 965-3636.
Planning and Economic Development Commission May 11 Update
– Approved a new 33-unit residential development located at 100 Callahan Way (Villas III)
– Approved a new 151 room, 15 residential unit hotel at 5, 15, 17 and 49 Canyon Blvd., 106 Lake Mary Road and 107 Lakeview Blvd (Limelight Hotel).
– Approved a tentative tract map for the creation of 14 lots for future affordable housing uses, three lots for open space and parks, and public street dedications at 1699 Tavern Road and 33 Center Street (The Parcel).
– Approved three variances for various single family home configurations at 182 Davison Road, 31 Mala Ulice, and 751 Majestic Pines Drive.
– Additional project information: https://bit.ly/3rCLB0x
Micro-Mobility Bird Scooters Coming to Mammoth Lakes!
Bird will be deploying their eco-friendly electric scooters in Mammoth Lakes as early as this weekend with more deployed day-by-day next week. The start-up phase of this project involves Bird delivering 50 electric scooters to the Town as part of a pilot program. Scooters are permitted on paths and trails that are currently authorized for e-bikes; however, they are limited to specific areas throughout town (not permitted in Lakes Basin), and have built in speed limits, slow zones, no riding zones, and preferred parking areas. Scooter riders need to be 18 years or older, have a valid driver’s license and are recommended to wear a helmet. Download the Bird App or click here for additional information.
Town COVID-19 Update
Parks and Recreation Updates
Work is underway at Mammoth Creek Park to erect the new Community Recreation Center (CRC). Look for the weekly #crcupdates and time-lapse video on the Town’s Facebook page or CRC website. Get your team together and join our Coed or Men’s Slow Pitch Softball League this summer. All abilities welcome! League play begins June 13 at Shady Rest Park. Please call Parks and Recreation at (760) 965-3690 to register your team. The Whitmore Pool is scheduled to open on Wednesday, May 18 for lap swim and swim team practice. Click here to view the status of our parks, facilities, MUP’s and sidewalks.
(From Town of Mammoth Lakes)