Town Council Meeting Action Items – June 14
- Town Council approved the renewal of a 5-year Mammoth Lakes Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID). Approval followed a public hearing.
- Town Council approved and authorized the Town Manager to sign the five-year Agreement between the Town of Mammoth Lakes and Mammoth Lakes Tourism for Implementation and Management of the Tourism Business Improvement District, (TBID) Management District Plan.
- Town Council provided direction to staff on the proposed upcoming meeting schedule. Changes include:
- Cancellation of the regular July 5 meeting and the scheduling of a special meeting on July 12.
- There is a regular meeting on July 19.
- Cancellation of the September 20 meeting for members to attend the League of California Cities Annual Conference and to just hold the regular meeting on September 6.
Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) CLOSES Saturday, June 17
- The FEMA Disaster Resource Center (DRC) at the Mono County Civic Center (1290 Tavern Road) in Mammoth Lakes is OPEN through Saturday, June 17, 2023. The hours of operation are from 9am-6pm.
- Individuals, families or business owners impacted by the recent disaster may be eligible for financial assistance to support recovery and rebuilding. FEMA’s Individuals and Households Program (IHP) provides financial assistance and direct services to eligible individuals and households affected by a disaster who have uninsured or underinsured necessary expenses and serious needs.
- Renters and homeowners in Mono County eligible for FEMA assistance due to the severe storms and flooding that took place in February and March NOW have until July 20, 2023, to apply for FEMA assistance.
Temporary Closure of Canyon Blvd. from June 19-22
- Beginning on Monday, June 19 through Thursday, June 22, Canyon Blvd. will be closed from Lake Mary Road to Hillside Drive to tie in water and sewer connections along Canyon Boulevard for the Limelight Project.
- Limited local traffic will be able to access Canyon Blvd. from the west end for deliveries and to access Fireside at The Village. Detours will be signed along Lakeview Boulevard and Forest Trail.
- The Purple Line and Town Trolley will pick-up from the front of The Village. Purple Line goes to Stop18 N. (across from NY Deli), turns around at the Community Center and back to 18 S. (Toomey’s) then continues on the regular route. The Town Trolley also goes to 18 N. (NY Deli) then to Forest trail and Hillside onto the regular route. Signs will be posted directing people to the front of The Village for these four days.
2023 Defensible Space & Community Clean-Up Event June 23/24
- The Town in partnership with Mammoth Disposal, Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce, Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and Volunteer Eastern Sierra (VES), has scheduled a Defensible Space and Community Clean-Up event on Friday, June 23 and Saturday, June 24.
- Bags to be used to collect trash are NOW available from the Town Offices, located in the Minaret Village Mall.
- Drop by Footloose Sports or Eagle Lodge on Saturday, June 24 between 9:00am and 12:00pm to collect complimentary trash bags, a community clean-up map, and recycling information along with helpful trash collection tips.
- All trash must be dropped off for FREE on June 23 & 24 at the Town Yard, located at 299 Commerce Drive between 8:00am and 3:30pm. Follow the signs on Commerce Drive to the Drop-off location. The Drop-off location is NOT at Mammoth Disposal.
The Eastern Sierra Towns to Trails Plan: Public Kickoff Meeting – June 29
- The Eastern Sierra Towns to Trails Plan effort has begun!
- PLEASE SAVE THE DATE: On Thursday, June 29, from 6:00-7:00PM we will be hosting a Virtual Public Kickoff Meeting to bring you up to speed on the process, introduce the planning team, and let you know how to stay involved in this process. We will be sending out a registration link next week, but for now please SIGN UP HERE to ensure that you receive all of our Towns To Trails messages.