Mammoth Lakes Community Update – June 10, 2022
Town Council Meeting – June 15
The June 15, Town Council meeting is scheduled to commence at 3:00pm (reg. 4pm) in Suite Z. The Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce will present a summary of their FY 2021/22 work program and planned FY2022/23 workplan. A Public Hearing is scheduled to consider 3 appeals related to the Limelight Hotel project. The Council will take comments, with the public hearing being continued to July 6, 2022. Town Council will consider the approval of the Town’s appropriations limit, investment policy, the proposed FY2022/23 Town Budget, and the FY2022/23 Master Fee Schedule. Town Council will be reviewing the FY2022/23 Mammoth Lakes Tourism (MLT) contract for marketing services, contract deliverables and annual compensation. View/watch the Town Council meeting online.
Fire Restrictions in Effect in The Eastern Sierra
Effective Monday, June 6, the Inyo National Forest and Bureau of Land Management Bishop Field Office implemented fire restrictions on all Federal lands under their jurisdiction. Click here to review the fire restrictions. The following restrictions are now in place on both agency lands:
– No Campfires, briquette/charcoal barbeques, or stove fires are allowed outside of agency-provided fire rings or barbeques at designated developed recreation sites. Dispersed campfires such as rock rings, will no longer be allowed.
– No Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or in an area at least three feet in diameter barren of all flammable materials.
– No welding or operating acetylene or other torch with open flame.
– No motorized vehicles or tools powered by internal combustion engines off designated roads or trails (such as chainsaws or lawn mowers).
Whitmore Pool FREE Swim Day this Saturday!
Beat the heat at the Whitmore Pool! The pool opens for public swim this weekend and will remain open, weather permitting, 7-days a week through August 28. Join us this Saturday, June 11 from 10am – 6pm for FREE swimming! Bring the entire family and enjoy complimentary hot dogs between 11am – 1pm. Snacks and refreshments will be available for sale. Click here for additional information.
Be Prepared this Summer!
– Register for Code Red.
– Get Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Alerts.
– Camp Like a Pro in the Eastern Sierra.
– Make sure you and your family know who to call and what to do in an emergency situation.
Fourth of July Celebrations
Independence Day is an action-packed day in Mammoth Lakes. View a map and read all about the many fun, family friendly festivities planned on the Fourth of July and throughout the weekend. The Mammoth Lakes Chamber of Commerce is planning the 2022 July 4th Parade. To participate in the Parade, please contact the Chamber of Commerce. Personal fireworks are prohibited within Mono County, including the Inyo National Forest (INF), and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands. Be smart; leave the fireworks to the professionals and please enjoy Independence Day in a safe and responsible manner!
(From Town of Mammoth Lakes)