The Parcel News
Progress continues to be made on the construction of Phase 1 of The Parcel, aka “The Sawyer.” The Sawyer includes 81 apartment units within 2 buildings, at several affordability levels and with a variety of unit sizes between studio and 3 bedrooms ready for rent in summer 2023. Over the last couple of weeks, “Building A” perimeter and stair/elevator core concrete walls were completed, using a method called “shotcrete” where the concrete is sprayed onto a single-sided form, then hand-finished. This first level of “Building A” will contain the main lobby, community space, childcare, and the parking podium containing approximately 57 interior parking garage spaces. On the site, the new sewer main has been completed within the new Inyo Street and the portion of the Tavern Road extension just south of the new park. Current and ongoing work involves connection of a new water main, and storm drain to existing utilities within Center Street. Anyone interested in living at The Sawyer can contact the Town’s developer, The Pacific Companies, at (855) 452-8250 for additional information and to be placed on the waiting list. #TheParcelnews.
Tomaier to Accept the Position of MLFPD Fire Chief as Frievalt Retires
Fire Chief Frank Frievalt, who has been with the Mammoth Lakes Fire Protection District since 2012 and with the City of Sparks Fire Department prior to that, is scheduled to retire from MLFPD on August 8, 2022. After an extensive recruitment conducted in partnership with the Western Fire Chiefs Association, MLFPD Division Chief Ales Tomaier was offered the position of Fire Chief by MLFPD’s Board of Commissioners. Chief Tomaier has accepted the position, and officially commenced his duties on July 22, with Chief Frank Frievalt actively assisting with the transfer of command. Chief Tomaier, who held the role of MLFPD Acting Fire Chief for much of the COVID-19 pandemic, has served as a Chief Officer for the District since 2015.
Town Council Agenda Items – August 3
- Joint Meeting with Mammoth Lakes Tourism for General Updates and Discussion.
- Wildlife Smoke Monitoring Presentation presented by Phillip Kiddo, Great Basin Unified Air Pollution Control District Air Pollution Control Officer.
- READY Mono Emergency Preparedness Portal Presentation.
- Discuss and consider approval of the agreement between the Town of Mammoth Lakes and Mammoth Lakes Housing.
- Accept the 2021 Annual Planning Report and Community Indicators Report.
- Click here to view the meeting agenda.
Parks, Trails, Facilities and Events Update
- August 4-7: Mammoth Festival of Beers and Bluesapalooza
(From Mammoth Lakes)