House Explosion and Fire on Juniper Road in Mammoth Lakes

Photos from the scene of last night’s explosion and fire on Juniper Road in Mammoth Lakes.

338038120 181321960947828 8515381181714359386 n
Photo credit: Juniper Springs Lodge employee
337557435 899235634623298 2696966322540694642 n
Photo credit: Juniper Springs Lodge employee
337697731 241109484942255 3472622533556839061 n
Photo credit: Juniper Springs Lodge employee

GOPR0185 1
Photo credit: Maurice Cooper/Eastern Sierra Now
Photo credit: Maurice Cooper/Eastern Sierra Now
Photo credit: Maurice Cooper/Eastern Sierra Now
Photo credit: Maurice Cooper/Eastern Sierra Now

From Mammoth Lakes Police Department:

WARNING: Buried propane lines and regulators are an imminent threat to life and property. To mitigate threat, lines and regulators must be cleared of snow and ice where propane enters the home.

April 1, 2023, Mammoth Lakes, CA – Emergency Crews are on scene of an explosion on the 200 block of Juniper Road. The single-family home was unoccupied at the time of the explosion, which occurred at approximately 0130 this morning, April 1, 2023. The explosion likely caused a structure fire, which resulted in the evacuation of nearby residences. Additionally, the fire caused snowmelt flooding, resulting in the evacuation of a nearby condominium complex. First Responders, including Mutual Aid Resources, have completed searching the area for victims. Safety personnel continue to monitor the fire and evaluate the surrounding buildings. Please avoid the area it is an active scene, please help us keep the roads open for emergency vehicles. For incident information contact Stuart Brown, Town of Mammoth Lakes Public Information Officer at 760-914-7110.

Take this weekend to clear snow and ice from your propane pipes, valves, regulators, and tanks. In addition, do not bury your tank or the connection to your house from snow from your roof or when removing snow with equipment. Heavy accumulations of snow or ice falling on tanks, regulators, meters, piping, or valves may cause damage that could result in a gas leak. BE ALERT – if you smell gas immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, appliances, telephones, or cell phones. Flames or sparks from these sources can trigger an explosion or a fire. LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY, and from a neighbor’s home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call 9-1-1. DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING OR THE AREA until it is safe to do so.

IMG 1073

Resized 20230401 061119

Resized 20230401 061423

Special thanks to Mickey Brown

5 1 vote
News Article Rating
Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

We make money by selling ads to out platform. Please show the advertisements so we can keep the website free to you. Support local news.