Gillem Delivers Four Hits To Bishop Broncos Victory Over Mammoth
- Caleb Gillem did the opposing team no favors on Tuesday, picking up four hits over five at bats and leading Bishop Broncos to a 25-6 win over Mammoth. Gillem doubled in the second, doubled in the fifth, singled in the sixth, and singled in the sixth.
- Bishop Broncos pulled away for good with nine runs in the second inning. In the second Kennedy Batchelder singled on a 0-2 count, scoring one run, Reese Dondero singled on a 2-2 count, scoring two runs, Albert Cano singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring two runs, Gillem doubled on a 2-1 count, scoring three runs, and Batchelder singled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run.
- Bishop Broncos put up 11 runs in the sixth inning. Gillem, Batchelder, Ri
ley Eropkin, Dondero, Cano, and Acie Valdivia all contributed in the big inning with RBIs.
- Valdivia led things off on the pitcher’s mound for Bishop Broncos. The bulldog went two innings, allowing six runs on eight hits, striking out three and walking zero. Jake Frigerio pitched the final four innings allowing one hit, zero runs and 6 strikeouts.
- Bishop Broncos racked up 18 hits on the day. Gillem, Batchelder, Valdi
via, Cano, and Cain Omohundro each had multiple hits for Bishop Broncos. Batchelder and Gillem all had four hits to lead Bishop Broncos. Bishop Broncos was sure-handed and didn’t commit a single error.
- Jake Frigerio, 1-6, 1 RBI
- Reese Dondero, 1-5, 3 RBIs
- Albert Cano, 2-2, 3 RBIs
- Acie Valdivia, 3-5, 3 RBIs
- Cain Omohundro 2-2, 1 RBI
- Caleb Gillem, 4-5, 8 RBIs
- Kennedy Batchelder, 4-4, 3 RBI’s
- Hector Martinez 1-1, 1 RBI