Silver Lake Boat Launch to Remain Closed for Necessary Upgrades
The Inyo National Forest announces that the Silver Lake Boat Launching Facility will remain closed to the public to complete much needed facility improvements. Work on this project began last summer and will continue through this summer.
The project is currently under a winter shutdown, with construction work anticipated to resume mid-May. It is estimated that construction will continue through the end of August. Visitors should plan accordingly.
The planned improvements include:
- Demolition of the existing boat launch ramp and the construction of a new single boat launch ramp.
- The relocation of the existing boarding float to the west side of the newly constructed boat launch ramp, for easy public access.
- Demolition of the existing sidewalk and curbing and the construction of an ADA compliant path of travel.
- Demolition of the existing flush toilet buildings and the installation of a double stall vault toilet building.
- Resurfacing and restriping of the existing parking area.
“We appreciate the continued patience of the public while this important work is completed. We look forward to opening with an enhanced user experience once construction is complete.” Stephanie Heller, Mono Lake District Ranger said regarding the continuation of the project.