- 4.1 Public hearing and consideration of Tentative Tract Map 21-001, Use Permit 22-002, Use Permit 21-001, Design Review 21-001, and Adjustment 21-006 for the Villas III Subdivision, a proposed 33-unit residential development located at 100 Callahan Way.
- An Addendum to the 1991 Lodestar at Mammoth EIR has been prepared pursuant to CEQA Guidelines §15164 (Addendum to an EIR or Negative Declaration).
- Applicant/ Property Owner: Mark Rafeh for Mammoth Springs Resorts, LLC
- 4.2 Consideration of Tentative Tract Map (TTM) 22-002, Use Permit (UPA) 22-001, and Major Design Review (DR) 22-001, for approval of the “Limelight Hotel” development project located at the northwest corner of Canyon Boulevard and Lake Mary Road (Mammoth Hillside site) in the “Plaza Resort” and “Specialty Lodging” zone of the North Village Specific Plan Area. Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines, an Addendum to the 1999 Subsequent Program Environmental Impact Report (SPEIR) was prepared for the Limelight Hotel project.
- Applicant/ Property Owner: Aspen Skiing Company / Limelight Mammoth LLC
- 4.3 Consideration of Tentative Tract Map (TTM) 22-001, for approval of the creation of 14 lots for future affordable housing uses, 3 lots for open space and parks, and public street dedications to complete the westerly extension of Tavern Road, the creation of Inyo Street connecting Center Street and Tavern Rd and the northerly extension of Chaparral Road. Pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15183.3, Streamlining for Infill Projects, an Infill Environmental Checklist was approved. The Infill Environmental Checklist determined that potential direct, indirect, and cumulative environmental effects associated with the project were previously and adequately analyzed.
- Applicant/ Property Owner: Pacific West Communities, Inc./Town of Mammoth Lakes
- 4.4 Consider approval of Variance 21-001 for a 47.5% reduction of the rear setback to allow for a 10-foot 6-inch setback for a proposed new single-family residence and attached garage at 182 Davison Road. The proposed action includes finding the project categorically exempt from CEQA pursuant to Guidelines Section 15303, New Construction of Small Structures.
- Applicant: Elliott Brainard
- Property Owner: Dauernheim Family Trust
- 4.5 Public hearing and consideration of a Variance (VAR) request to permit a 0-foot front yard setback, a 100% reduction of the 20-foot front setback requirement, for the construction of a detached single-car garage located in front of an existing single-family residence at 31 Mala Ulice. The project is reviewed under Application no. VAR 22-001 and is categorically exempt from CEQA pursuant to Guidelines §15301(e), Existing Facilities.
- Applicant/ Property Owner: Dotan Saguy
- 4.6 Public hearing and consideration of a Variance (VAR) 22-002 request to permit an 65% reduction of the required 20-foot front yard setback to allow for a 7-foot setback and an Adjustment (ADJ) 22-002 request a 9.3% building height increase to allow for a building height of 38 feet and 3 inches for the reconstruction of an attached garage and single-family residence located at 751 Majestic Pines Drive. The project is categorically exempt from CEQA pursuant to Section 15303 (New Construction or Conversion of Small Structures).
- Applicant/ Property Owner: John L and Cheryl C Gabele
6. COMMISSIONER REPORTS
Informational reports from Commissioner representatives on committees, commissions, and organizations; general reports on Commission activities. Opportunity to add urgency items pursuant to Government Code Section 54954.2(b)2, if necessary; and to remove items from consent for separate discussion.
Design Committee – Paul Chang and Jennifer Burrows
Mobility Committee – Michael Vanderhurst and Jessica Kennedy
7. DIRECTORS REPORT
The Director’s Report portion of the agenda provides the Director with an opportunity to address the Planning and Economic Development Commission on Community and Economic Development work items.
The Planning and Economic Development Commission will adjourn to a regular meeting to be held on June 8, 2022.
(From the Mammoth Lakes Planning and Economic Development Commission)