Welcome to our New Town Council!
On December 7, 2022, Town Council adopted a resolution regarding the Municipal Election held on November 8, 2022 and conducted the administration of the oath of office to newly-elected Councilmembers Chris Bubser and Amanda Rice and re-elected Councilmember John Wentworth. Town Council by vote, appointed John Wentworth as Mayor and Bill Sauser as Mayor Pro Tem for the following 12-months. Council members are selected and appointed by the Council each year to serve in the position of Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem. Congratulations to Chris Bubser, Amanda Rice and John Wentworth, who join Sarah Rea and Bill Sauser to our new Mammoth Lakes Town Council! Outgoing Mayor Lynda Salcido and Councilmember Kirk Stapp were honored for their service on the Town Council.
Mayor’s Spirit of Mammoth Award Presented to the Town of Mammoth Lakes Employees
Mayor Lynda Salcido honored the tradition of recognizing a person, people or organization for their outstanding and valued contributions to the community with the Mayor’s Spirit of Mammoth Award on December 7, 2022. Mayor Salcido presented the Spirit of Mammoth Award to the employees of the Town of Mammoth Lakes.
Town Council Meeting Agenda Items – December 21, 2022
Town Council will consider adopting a resolution approving the Fiscal Year 2021-22 Development Impact Fee Report and making findings that there remains a reasonable relationship for that fee program. View the December 21, 2022 meeting agenda here.
Winter Recreation Update
- Mammoth Parks and Recreation: Register your child in our expanding youth winter programs and registration is also OPEN for our Winter Indoor Soccer and Indoor Volleyball adult coed leagues. Register online or call (760) 965-3690.
- Winter Trails: The hard-working Parks Maintenance crew have cleared the multi-use path (MUP) of snow to the Sherwin Lookout NOW accessible from Mammoth Creek Park East, the Library College Connector, Commerce Drive and Meridian Blvd. Not normally open in winter months, winter walkers can now enjoy a beautiful and incredibly scenic walk (without snowshoes) to the Sherwin Lookout.
- Mammoth Outdoor Ice Rink: Is OPEN for the winter season. Please visit www.mammothicerink.com for session times, fees and the rink schedule as they are subject to change based on ice and weather conditions.
- Mammoth Mountain: 90% of the terrain is open for the season and Chair 9 opened for the season on December 14. Night of Lights kicks off this Saturday, December 17. This is a free event to celebrate the holiday season with a firework show, live music, a light experience, snowmobile rides and a tubing hill for children under 13. Dress warm, hop on public transportation and join us for a night of fun! Visit MammothMountain.com for more information on the event.
- June Mountain, Snowmobile Adventures, Woolly’s Tube Park & Tamarack Cross-Country Ski Center are open!
- Town Nordic Trails: The ENTIRE network of Shady Rest Winter Trails are open. All trail conditions and reports can be found here. Please clean up after your pooch, and if you bag it, please take it!
The Town is Hiring!
The Town is currently recruiting for several entry-level, skilled, and professional positions. These include: Administrative Coordinator – CED, Police Officer, Recreation Facilities Staff – Ice Rink, Recreation Intern – Hot Shots Basketball, Recreation Supervisor – Adult Programming and Facility Operations, Recreation Supervisor – Community Recreation Center and Facility Operations, and Temporary Snow Removal Operator. These are all fantastic opportunities for anyone who wants to join the Town team and serve our community. Please click here for additional information or to apply online.
(From Town of Mammoth Lakes)