Inyo Council for the Arts August Newsletter
All Things Art in the Eastern Sierra
Tickets for the the 30th annual Millpond Music Festival are on sale!
If you want to snag some tickets for this years festival and reserve your camping spot, you can call, fax, or email us. Our office hours are from 10-5 Monday-Friday.
Email: [email protected]
We are having technical difficulties with our ticket sales online. The issue is being resolved, and in the meantime tickets are still available via the options listed above. We will send out an announcement when this issue is resolved.
We Have a New Show in the Gallery!
Come check out great art, support your local artists, and find a little treasure for yourself or a loved one!
Gallery hours are Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm. For more information, please call (760) 873-8014 or email us at [email protected].
Labor Day Arts & Crafts Show
Join us for a weekend of handmade treasures, eclectic items, and tasty food. This event is free and open to the public.
Where: Bishop City Park
When: Labor Day Weekend
It’s time for the annual Tri-County Fair in Bishop! This fun and eventful weekend is complete with food, concerts, fair rides, art exhibitions, a rodeo, and the Demolition Derby.
Where: Tri-County Fairgrounds in Bishop
When: Sept. 1st-4th
Featuring Artist: Rebecca Roebig, Photography
“My photography takes the angles and subtle textures of daily life. It serves as a moment to slow down. There is always something hidden in my art that I didn’t know was there. My art is soothing even when it is abrupt and jagged. When it is soft, there is turbulence. I take photos that solve problems within my mind.”
Recurring Events: Don’t miss these free summer arts events in Bishop!
Friday Night Markets:
- Free event featuring live music, local artisans, beer/cocktails, food vendors, local produce and farmers market.
- When- September 9th 5:30-9pm
- Where- Academy Street between Main Street and Warren Street
Free Concerts at the Bishop City Park:
- Free concert by the Bishop Community Band. Enjoy classical, big band, ragtime, and more!
- When- Every Monday night starting at 8:00PM.
- Where- Gazebo in the front of Bishop City Park
Black Sheep Open Mic Nights:
- Check out some amazing local talent, while enjoying food and drinks in a comfortable outdoor setting.
- When: Every 1st and 3rd Saturday from 7-10PM
- Where: Black Sheep Coffee Roasters
ICA Newsletter: Calling All Artists
Are you a visual artist, musician, ceramist, poet, writer, filmmaker, actor, dancer, jewelry designer, woodworker, or fashion designer?
ICA is looking to feature local artists to feature in our gallery! Click here for more details.
(From Inyo Council for the Arts)