State Route 203 at Mammoth Mountain Closed for the Winter
MAMMOTH LAKES — Caltrans District 9 has closed State Route 203 west of Mammoth Mountain Inn for the winter season. The seasonal closure follows last week’s storm, which brought a few feet of snow to the higher elevations of the Eastern Sierra. With this closure, vehicles will no longer be able to access Minaret Vista and beyond until the road reopens next spring. State Route 203 is the first of Caltrans District 9’s roads to close for the winter.
State Route status following last week’s storm:
- State Route 108 (Sonora Pass) is closed
- State Route 120 W to Yosemite National Park is closed
- State Route 89 (Monitor Pass) is open
- State Route 270 (Bodie Road) is open
- State Route 168 W at Aspendell is open
- State Route 120 E (Mono Mills Road) is open
- State Route 158 N (North June Lake Loop) is open
For the latest information on road closures, please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov
or download the app to your smartphone. You can also call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).