Town Council Meeting Items – August 16
- Town Council will receive an update on the Mammoth Main Base Redevelopment Project, a presentation of the Town’s PM10 Planning Area Second 10-Year Maintenance Plan, and a quarterly presentation by Airport Core Management Team for Summer 2023.
- Town Council will consider approving an agreement with Peckham & McKenney to assist the Town Council in the recruitment and selection of a new Town Manager.
- Town Council will discuss the feedback provided at the Housing Solutions Workshop on July 27 and provide direction to Town staff on the next steps.
- The Police Department is seeking Town Council direction on increasing parking related citation fees.
- Town staff is requesting direction on proceeding with a work program for a new Town Office Facility based on the information provided in the staff report with a planned completion date of September 2026.
- Town Council will consider the approval of a local agency collaboration agreement for implementation of the California Radio Interoperable System (CRIS) Trunked Radio Service in Mono County.
- The Town’s TOT Enforcement Team will provide a formal presentation to Town Council for the third and fourth quarter of FY2022/23.
- View the August 16, 2023 Meeting Agenda online.
Work for the Town!
- The Town is currently recruiting for a variety of entry-level, skilled, professional, and executive-level positions, both temporary and full-time, as open recruitments open to both internal and external applicants. Click on the links below for position details and to complete an online application:
Mono County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) Releases 2023 Winter Storm Emergency Response Survey
- Residents, business owners, and visitors impacted by the winter storms are encouraged to complete this survey to provide critical feedback to the Mono County OEM. The information gathered from this survey will allow Mono County to better plan, prepare, and improve future emergency response.
- The Mono County OEM objectives for the 2023 Winter Storm Emergency were to:
- Provide support for the life and safety of the public, first responders, and essential workers.
- Support the protection of critical infrastructure.
- Maintain road conditions to support access and egress of emergency personnel and the public.
- Maintain communication between cooperators, stakeholders, and internal team members.
- Ensure coordinated, timely, and accurate dissemination of public information.
- Complete the online SURVEY that will be open through the month of August, at which time the Mono County OEM will review the results and report back to the community.
MLPD Community Meeting – August 16
- The Mammoth Lakes Police Department (MLPD) is hosting a Community Meeting, on Wednesday, August 16 from 12:00-1:00pm, to discuss the AB 481 Military Equipment Annual Report for 2022-23.
- Those in attendance can join the discussion and ask questions about our military equipment, which includes wildlife diversion items and a drone.
- Join in person at 58 Thompsons Way or by Zoom: https://monocounty.zoom.