Inyo County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda – May 10, 2022
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: This meeting is accessible to the public both in person and via Zoom webinar. Individual Board members may participate remotely in accordance with applicable open meeting law requirements. In-person meetings will be conducted in accordance with local and State Department of Public Health orders and guidance and requirements of the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (CalOSHA).
The Zoom webinar is accessible to the public at https://zoom.us/j/868254781. The meeting may also be accessed by telephone at the following numbers: (669) 900-6833; (346) 248-7799; (253) 215-8782; (929) 205-6099; (301) 715-8592; (312) 626-6799. Webinar ID: 868 254 781.
Anyone unable to attend the Board meeting in person who wishes to make either a general public comment or a comment on a specific agenda item prior to the meeting, or as the item is being heard, may do so either in writing or by utilizing the Zoom “hand-raising” feature when appropriate during the meeting (the Chair will call on those who wish to speak). Generally, speakers are limited to three minutes. Written public comment, limited to 250 words or less, may be emailed to the Assistant Clerk of the Board at [email protected] Your comments may or may not be read aloud, but all comments will be made a 7part of the record. Please make sure to submit a separate email for each item that you wish to comment upon.
Public Notices: (1) In Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting please contact the Clerk of the Board at (760) 878-0373. (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II). Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the County to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Should you because of a disability require appropriate alternative formatting of this agenda, please notify the Clerk of the Board 72 hours prior to the meeting to enable the County to make the agenda available in a reasonable alternative format. (Government Code Section 54954.2). (2) If a writing, that is a public record relating to an agenda item for an open session of a regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors, is distributed less than 72 hours prior to the meeting, the writing shall be available for public inspection at the Office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, 224 N. Edwards, Independence, California and is available per Government Code § 54957.5(b)(1).
Note: Historically the Board does break for lunch; the timing of a lunch break is made at the discretion of the Chairperson and at the Board’s convenience.
May 10, 2022 – 8:30 A.M.
1. PUBLIC COMMENT ON CLOSED SESSION ITEM(S)
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION – Pursuant to
paragraph (1) of subdivision (d) of Government Code §54956.9 – Names of cases: The City of Los Angeles, acting by and through its Department of Water and Power v. County of Inyo, Kern County Superior Court Case No. BCV-18-101513-KCT; Inyo County v. Los Angeles Department of Water and Power, Kern County Superior Court Case Nos. BCV-18-101260-TSC, BCV-18-101261-TSC, and BCV-18-101262-TSC.
3. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION –
Significant exposure to potential litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision
(d) of Government Code §54956.9: one potential case. Circumstances: LADWP
threat to challenge Inyo County’s decision on the request to reduce irrigation water
OPEN SESSION (With the exception of timed items, all open-session items may be considered at any time and in any order during the meeting in the Board’s discretion.)
4. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5. REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION AS REQUIRED BY LAW
6. PUBLIC COMMENT (Comments may be time-limited)
7. COUNTY DEPARTMENT REPORTS
CONSENT AGENDA (Items that are considered routine and are approved in a single motion; approval recommended by the County Administrator)
8. County Administrator – Information Services – Request Board waive the
competitive bidding requirement and then authorize a purchase order in an amount
not to exceed $16,331.41, payable to Dell, Inc., of Round Rock, TX, for the purchase
of 3 Microsoft (MS) Windows Server Datacenter licenses under the County’s current
MS Enterprise Agreement as an Affiliate Customer under the terms of the Riverside
Agreement #8084445 with Microsoft.
9. Health & Human Services – Behavioral Health – Request Board approve
Resolution No. 2022-16, titled, “A Resolution of the Board of Supervisors, County of
Inyo, State of California, Designating Certain Individuals as Professional Persons
who are Authorized to Place Someone under a 72-hour 5150 Hold,” and authorize
the Chairperson to sign.
10. Probation – Request Board approve Amendment No. 3 to the agreement between the County of Inyo and Siemens Industry, Inc. of Fresno, CA to extend the agreement from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023, contingent upon the Board’s approval of the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget, and authorize the Chairperson to sign, contingent upon all appropriate signatures being obtained.
11. Probation – Request Board approve Amendment No. 30192 to the agreement between the County of Inyo and Tulare County to extend the agreement to July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023, contingent upon the Board’s approval of the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget, and authorize the Chairperson to sign, contingent upon all appropriate signatures being obtained.
12. Probation – Request Board approve the modified agreement between the County of Inyo and the County of El Dorado to increase the daily rate per youth placed at El Dorado Juvenile Detention Facilities to $350.00 for non-reserved beds, $400.00 for Commitment Programming, and $475.00 for Secure Track Programming, contingent upon the Board’s approval of future fiscal year budgets, and authorize the Chairperson and Chief Probation Officer to sign.
13. Probation – Request Board approve Amendment No. 7 to the agreement between the County of Inyo and Noble Software Group, LLC. of Redding, CA to extend the agreement from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023 with the cost of $6,004.95 for the annual hosting fee (up to 19 Users) and $800 for quality assurance (IRR Site Access, 8 Users), and to remove Section 23 and add Section 22.5 to the agreement, contingent upon the Board’s approval of the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget, and authorize the Chairperson to sign, contingent upon all appropriate signatures being obtained.
14. Public Works – Request Board approve Resolution No. 2022-17, titled, “A Resolution of the Board of Supervisors of the County of Inyo, State of California Authorizing the Recording of the Notice of Completion for the Terminal Expansion Project at the Bishop Airport,” and authorize the Chairperson to sign.15. Public Works – Request Board approve the Fiscal Year 2021-2022 Federal Apportionment Program Federal Exchange and State Match Program, Agreement No. X22-5948(103), between the County of Inyo and the California Department of Transportation in the amount of $673,353 plus a State match of $100,000 for a total not to exceed amount of $773,353, and authorize the Chairperson to sign, contingent upon all appropriate signatures being obtained.
16. Public Works – Recycling & Waste Management – Request Board:
- A) Approve and ratify Amendment No. 1 to the contract between the County of
Inyo and TEAM Engineering & Management Inc. of Bishop, CA to:
1. Change the name of TEAM Engineering & Management Inc. to TEAM
2. Add a subcontractor to the agreement, WOOD Environmental &
Infrastructure Solutions, Inc.; and
3. Increase the not-to-exceed amount from $913,309 to $968,309 contingent
upon the Board’s approval of future budgets; and
- B) Authorize the Chairperson to sign, contingent upon all appropriate signatures
17. Public Works – Road Department – Request Board: A) declare Newman Signs, Inc. of Jamestown, ND of the successful bidder for assorted road signs per Bid No.
RD22-02; and B) authorize the purchase of assorted road signs from Newman Signs in an amount not to exceed $19,971.35.
18. Sheriff – Request Board, pursuant to Inyo County Code Section 6.26.020, accept a
donation of Animal Shelter dog play yard fencing from Richard Eyer on behalf of the
DEPARTMENTAL (To be considered at the Board’s convenience)
19. Water Department – Request Board provide direction to the County’s Standing
Committee representatives in advance of the meeting of the Inyo County/Los
Angeles Standing Committee scheduled for May 12, 2022.
20. Health & Human Services – ESAAA – Request Board amend the Authorized
Strength in Behavioral Health by deleting three (3) A-Par Program Services Assistant
(PSA) I-III positions and adding two (2) B-Par PSA I-III positions at Range 46
($16.25-$19.84), Range 48 ($17.11-$20.72), or Range 50 ($17.85-$21.71).
21. Public Works – Request Board authorize the filling of the vacant Engineering
Assistant II at a Step E.
22. Clerk of the Board – Request Board approve the minutes of the regular Board of
Supervisors meeting of May 3, 2022.
COMMENT (Portion of the Agenda when the Board takes comment from the public and County staff)
23. PUBLIC COMMENT (Comments may be time-limited)
BOARD MEMBERS AND STAFF REPORTS
CORRESPONDENCE – INFORMATIONAL
24. California Fish & Game Commission – Agenda for the Commission’s May 19, 2022 meeting in San Diego and via teleconference.
(From the Inyo County Board of Supervisors)