Inyo Council for the Arts: Now Hiring Assistant Director/School Arts Coordinator
Are you passionate about the arts and your community? Inyo Council for the Arts is hiring for an Assistant Director/School Arts Coordinator!
Year-Round, 30+ hours per week, expected $22/hour to start, depending on experience.
The Assistant Director/School Arts Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to manage the daily operations and communications of Inyo Council for the Arts. Applicant should have working knowledge or willingness to learn ICA programming including Arts Education Programs, Events, Grants, Community Outreach, and the ICA Mission. Schedule will be Monday-Friday and will include occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized, professional, able to meet deadlines and work around interruptions in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
- Professional interpersonal skills to interact and effectively communicate with ICA Board of Directors, staff, program partners, and the general public at all levels and of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to walk; stand for extended periods; hear; talk; occasionally lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Demonstrate commitment for ICA initiatives and effective strategies to support Inyo Council for the Arts “…arts for ALL in Inyo County”.
- Commitment to support and represent the values listed in ICA’s racial equity statement, found on our website.
- Background and/or passion in the arts desirable.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective collaborator, demonstrates leadership skills, and is a creative and independent thinker.
- Ability to help create and follow budgets.
- Proficiency in a variety of offline and online programs, including Zoom, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite.
- Communicating with teaching artists, school administrators, and scheduling in school and after-school arts programs.
- Managing and presenting as an Art Docent in Inyo County Schools.
- Recruiting teaching artists as needed for many varied programs in Inyo County schools.
- Maintaining art supply inventory for all Inyo Council for the Arts school programs.
- Ability to develop and present teacher/volunteer art workshops.
- Ability to travel on occasion and make appearances in Inyo County Schools.
- Prepare, distribute and collect year-end evaluations from classroom teachers and administrators.
- Assisting Executive Director in the creation and data collection of a countywide survey to assess the artistic and cultural needs of our residents.
- Promote a good working relationship and a supportive environment in the gallery for artists.
- Assist Executive Director at with event planning and execution of programming including Art Shows and Festivals.
- Assisting Executive Director with any additional projects as time allows.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to [email protected]. Please submit all application materials by June 30th.
(From Inyo Council for the Arts)