Caltrans Traffic Advisory for the Week of March 20 through March 24
Traffic Advisory for the Week of 3/20/2023 – 3/24/2023
EASTERN KERN, INYO, and MONO COUNTIES – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the following project work and traffic impacts for the week of March 20 – March 24.
Work schedules are subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
Projects on the state highway system with minimal or no delays:
Eastern Kern County
· Cummings Valley Left-Turn Lane Project – On State Route 202 at the southern intersection with Cummings Valley Road near the city of Tehachapi, crews are installing guardrail, striping the roadway, and constructing dikes Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· W. Ward Avenue Closure – On State Route 178 W in the city of Ridgecrest, W. Ward Avenue will be closed at State Route 178 (North China Lake Boulevard) Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· Ridgecrest Utility Work – On State Route 178 W between Jacks Ranch Road and Primavera Street, the outside westbound lane will be closed to allow for underground utility work Monday through Friday from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm. The shoulder will be closed 24 hours a day until the project is completed.
· Olancha Shoulder Closures – On U.S. Highway 395 at the junction with State Route 190 in Olancha, there will be intermittent shoulder closures to allow trucks access to deliver material Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· Bishop Sidewalk Work – On the southbound shoulder of U.S. Highway 395 from Jay Street to Mandich Lane, crews will work on the curb, gutter, and sidewalk on Monday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
· Meadow Farms Sidewalk Work – On the southbound shoulder of U.S. Highway 395 from Brockman Lane to Pa-Ha Lane in Bishop, crews will replace the concrete on the sidewalk on Monday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Travelers are asked to be attentive to workers on the highway, slow for the cone zone, and move over whenever possible to give additional clearance. Be Safe and Be Work Zone Alert!
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9) or email us at [email protected]. To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap at http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Bob Gossman at 760-881-7145 or TTY 711.
(From Caltrans District 9)