Caltrans Traffic Advisory for the Week of January 30 through February 3
Traffic Advisory for the Week of 1/30/2023 – 2/3/2023
EASTERN KERN, INYO, and MONO COUNTIES – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the following project work and traffic impacts for the week of January 30 – February 3, 2023.
Work schedules are subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
Eastern Kern County
· Cummings Valley Left-Turn Lane Project – The Cummings Valley Left-Turn Lane Project on State Route 202 near Tehachapi has been paused due to inclement weather. As soon as weather conditions allow, we will move forward with paving, guardrail and striping and resume a schedule of Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. One-way traffic control with K-rail will remain in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Drivers may experience 20-minute delays.
· Bishop Creek Rock Scaling – On State Route 168 W between Big Trees Road and West Bishop Creek Road, crews will be removing loose rock and debris from slopes along the highway to prevent rockslides Tuesday through Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control and drivers may experience 20-minute delays.
Projects on the state highway system with minimal or no delays:
Eastern Kern County
· W. Ward Avenue Closure – In the city of Ridgecrest, W. Ward Avenue will be closed at State Route 178 (North China Lake Boulevard). Vehicles will not be able to turn onto State Route 178 from the intersection Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· Bishop Utility Pole Replacement – On State Route 168 W, between Iris Street and Fowler Street, crews will be replacing utility poles Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Eastbound traffic will be moved to the center lane during work hours.
· Olancha Shoulder Closures – On U.S. Highway 395 at the junction with State Route 190 in Olancha, there will be intermittent shoulder closures to allow trucks access to deliver material Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travelers are asked to be attentive to workers on the highway, slow for the cone zone, and move over whenever possible to give additional clearance. Be Safe and Be Work Zone Alert!
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9) or email us at [email protected]. To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap at http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Bob Gossman at 760-881-7145 or TTY 711.
(From Caltrans District 9)