Caltrans Traffic Advisory for the Week of February 6 through February 10
Traffic Advisory for the Week of 2/6/2023 – 2/10/2023
EASTERN KERN, INYO, and MONO COUNTIES – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the following project work and traffic impacts for the week of February 6 – February 10, 2023.
Work schedules are subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
Eastern Kern County
· Cummings Valley Left-Turn Lane Project – The Cummings Valley Left-Turn Lane Project on State Route 202 near Tehachapi has been paused due to inclement weather. As soon as weather conditions allow, we will move forward with paving, guardrail and striping and resume a schedule of Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. One-way traffic control with K-rail will remain in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Drivers may experience 20-minute delays.
· Meadow Farms Utility Pole Replacement – On U.S. Highway 395 between MacGregor Avenue and North Tu-Su Lane, crews will replace utility poles and cross wires across the highway on Thursday from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. The No. 2 outside lanes will be closed and there will be intermittent traffic stops. Drivers may experience 5-minute delays.
Projects on the state highway system with minimal or no delays:
Eastern Kern County
· West Ward Avenue Closure – On State Route 178 W in the city of Ridgecrest, West Ward Avenue will be closed at State Route 178 (North China Lake Boulevard). Vehicles will not be able to turn onto State Route 178 from the intersection Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
· State Route 58 Drainage Cleaning – On the eastbound lanes of State Route 58 between the junction with State Route 202 in the city of Tehachapi and Broome Road, crews will be cleaning drainage pipes Tuesday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.
· Bishop Utility Pole Replacement – On State Route 168 W between Iris Street and Fowler Street, crews will be replacing utility poles and transformers Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. Eastbound traffic will be moved to the center lane during work hours.
· Bishop Overnight Utility Inspection – On the eastbound sidewalk of State Route 168 W (West Line Street) between the junction with U.S. Highway 395 (Main Street) and Fowler Street, utility crews will perform overnight inspections of fiber optic cables Tuesday and Wednesday from 11:00 pm to 4:00 am.
· Olancha Shoulder Closures – On U.S. Highway 395 at the junction with State Route 190 in Olancha, there will be intermittent shoulder closures to allow trucks access to deliver material Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travelers are asked to be attentive to workers on the highway, slow for the cone zone, and move over whenever possible to give additional clearance. Be Safe and Be Work Zone Alert!
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9) or email us at [email protected]. To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap at http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Bob Gossman at 760-881-7145 or TTY 711.
(From Caltrans District 9)