Mammoth Lakes Recreation This Week
Summer Camps on Sale – OPEN Registration Underway!
- Summer camp and swim lesson registration is underway!
- Check out the camp flyers on the website for more detailed itineraries and register online or contact the Parks and Recreation Team at (760) 965-3690 for assistance.
Summer Camps with availability:
- 3rd-5th Grade Climbing Camp: June 19-23
- 2nd-5th Grade School’s Out Overnight Camp: June 15-16 (now open to 2nd graders!)
- TK-2nd & 3rd-5th Grade Camp Mammoth: August 14-18
- 3rd-5th Gymnastics: July 31-August 3
- 6th-8th Grade Skateboard Camp: August 9-11
- 6th-8th Grade Aquatics Camp: July 24-28
- Counselor in Training: June 26-30
- Youth Theatre (all ages): July 31-August 12
Spring Conditions and Parks & Facilities Use
- The historic and record-setting winter snowfall has and will continue to impact the opening and safe use of our many parks, playgrounds, trails and facilities. Staff constantly evaluate conditions throughout the parks system and will update their status on the Town website along with the Mammoth Parks n Rec Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- The Whitmore Track and Sports Field AND Ball Field 1 are now OPEN! We welcome everyone to enjoy the facility, however, please be mindful of reserved game and practice times for our school and local sports groups. We ask that you be courteous to other users as we work to open more facilities.
- The Whitmore Pool is scheduled to open for lap swim at 6:30am on Monday, May 22.
- As always, please call the Parks and Recreation team at (760) 965-3690 for any questions or additional information about park and facility openings.
Community Recreation Center (CRC) Update
- We are excited to be moving forward with the CRC, LA Kings Ice at Mammoth Lakes and the Mammoth RecZone to provide “next level” recreation experiences for our community.
- The Mammoth RecZone is scheduled to open this summer!
- Work on the interior build-out continues with progress being made on the electrical systems, and the plumbing.
- Drywall is going up in our storage, mechanical, and Zamboni rooms.
- Masons are finishing the grouting in our four locker rooms.
- Learn more about the CRC here and follow us on the Mammoth Parks n’ Rec facebook page for weekly updates. #crcupdates
Welcome Andrew McEachron ! NEW Community Recreation Center Supervisor
- Join us in welcoming Andrew McEachron to the Parks and Recreation Department as the Recreation Supervisor in charge of the new Community Recreation Center (CRC).
- Andrew began his journey with the Town of Mammoth Lakes as the Assistant Site Coordinator at the Mammoth Ice Rink in 2019 and was promoted to Site Coordinator for the 2022/23 winter season.
- We’re excited to have Andrew on the team and know that his 7 plus years of ice rink programming and operations experience will be invaluable as we unveil the CRC to the community of Mammoth Lakes later this summer!
Work for Parks and Rec!
Parks and Recreation is currently recruiting for awesome people to join our team:
- Recreation Instructor – Mountain Bike or Skateboard
- Recreation Leader I – Summer Counselor
- Recreation Coordinator – Adult Leagues
- Umpire – Softball Sports Official
- Assistant Site Coordinator – Whitmore Pool
- Recreation Facilities Staff 1 – Lifeguard
- Recreation Instructor – Tennis/swimming/mountain biking and skateboarding
- Recreation Leader II – Summer Camps
- Recreation Intern – Summer Camps.
- To be considered for an open recruitment, all applicants must submit an online application.
Mammoth Trails Meeting – May 18
- We can’t wait to see you next Thursday, May 18 at 6pm to talk Trails in the Beer Cellar of Mammoth Brewing Company & the EATery.
- This bi-annual Mammoth Trails meeting allows for a collaborative effort to create and enhance outdoor recreation for our community, effectively and inclusively. As partners, allies and friends, Mammoth Trails offers the entire outdoor recreation community a space to share and discover local and regional happenings.
- All recreation enthusiasts are welcome! We are in the 10th year of the Mammoth Lakes Trail System and are so proud of what has been accomplished with you.
Mammoth Lakes Swim Team Registration Now Open!
- Registration is now OPEN for the Mammoth Lakes Swim Team 2023 summer season.
- A ‘MLST Information Night’ will be held at the Mammoth Lakes Community Center (1000 Forrest Trail) on Thursday, May 11 from 5-6pm.
- Swimsuit and fin fitting will take place before and after the event from 4:30-6:30pm. For more information, or to register, please click here.
- Tony Colasardo Scholarships are available for Mammoth Lakes Swim Team registration fees. Please apply at www.
2023 Mammoth Track Club Summer Youth Camp
- Calling all kids ages 8-14! Enjoy summer running camp in the Eastern Sierra with the Mammoth Track Club and Coach Andrew Caster. The camp will run daily from June 26-30 between 8:00-10:00am at the Whitmore Track and Field, located on Benton Crossing Road.
- $50 registration fee will include camp shirt, snacks each day, and an entry into the Footloose Freedom Mile. To register, or for more information, please click here.
Mammoth Mountain Update
- Saturday, May 13 – Sunday, May 14: Canyon Lodge, The Village Gondola, Schoolyard (17) and Roller Coaster (4) will open for access to the mountain. Additional lifts for the weekend include Cloud Nine (9) and Chairs 12, 13 & 14. Hours of operation through the weekend 8:30AM-4PM.
- Expect major impacts to terrain in the area of Canyon Lodge and Roller Coaster (4) due to construction and events. They should be considered parking and access to the mountain only.
- Expect limited services at Canyon Lodge over the weekend. Eagle Lodge is currently closed, we will evaluate conditions for a potential re-open on Memorial Day Weekend.
- We continue to ski and ride daily out Main Lodge & The Mill daily until at least the end of July. For a list of the expected daily lifts, happenings, weather and more visit the Mountain Report page.
- Weekend Apres Party at The Yodler on May 12 & May 13 from 2-5PM
- The Outpost will be open 11AM-2PM on Saturday and Sunday.
- Lakefront will be closed May 15-16
- May 18: Mammoth Trails Bi-Annual Meeting
- May 24-28: Mammoth Lakes Film Festival
- June 3: World Quarterpipe Championships
- June 23-24: Save the Date – Defensible Space and Town Clean-up Event
- Click here to view the Mammoth Lakes Events Calendar.
(From Town of Mammoth Lakes)