Mammoth Lakes Community Update – February 17, 2023
Town Council Meeting Action Items – February 15
- Town Council approved an additional $400,000 requested by Mammoth Lakes Housing (MLH) for the Innsbruck Lodge affordable housing project.
- Town Council approved the 2023 Youth Sports Funding allocations in the amount of $45,000 as recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission. Funding recipients include Mammoth AYSO, Mammoth Track Club, Mono County Little League, Mammoth Lakes Swim Team, Mammoth Lakes Youth Hockey, Eastern Sierra Nordic Ski Association, Mammoth Club Volleyball, Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra and the Husky Club.
- Town Council authorized the Town Manager to execute a lease agreement with Electrify America to expand EV charging stations. Locations include the Hillside Parking Lot and the Park n’ Ride lot on Tavern Road.
- Town Council adopted a resolution opposing the Taxpayer Protection and Government Accountability Act.
- View the February 15, 2023 Town Council meeting agenda online.
Parks and Recreation Summer Camp Schedule is Out!
- Early-bird summer camp/program registration opens at 9am on Monday, April 3, 2023.
- Check out our action-packed summer camp itinerary here.
FREE Tax Help!
- FREE tax help is offered at the Mono County Library in Mammoth Lakes from February 6 – April 18.
- This free tax preparation service, run entirely by volunteers, serves low-and moderate-income taxpayers in Mono and Inyo counties, in both English and Spanish.
- The Mammoth Lakes site at the Mono County Library will be serving taxpayers on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:00 – 4:30pm
- Call (760) 914-4352 for an appointment or click here for additional information.
Last Weekend for “Plaza Suite” at the Edison Theatre
- The Mammoth Lakes Repertory Theatre presents “Plaza Suite” now playing through February 19, 2023 (Thurs – Sat @ 7pm and Sun @4pm) at the Edison Theatre – 100 College Parkway.
- Hilarity abounds in this portrait of three couples successively occupying a suite at the Plaza.
- Click here for details or to purchase your tickets online.
Wear your Favorite Hockey Jersey and Skate for FREE*
- Hockey Week Across America was created by USA Hockey in 2008 to engage the hockey community in celebrating the sport at all levels and exposing the game to new audiences.
- For the entire week (Feb. 20-26, 2023) skate for FREE at the outdoor Mammoth Ice Rink by wearing your favorite hockey jersey. Whether it’s the Mammoth Stars, your Team USA Olympic and Paralympic jersey or your favorite professional team’s jersey (GKG!), wear your hockey jersey with pride all week long and skate for FREE.
- *Skate rental fees apply (subject to availability).
- For the latest schedule at the outdoor ice rink, please click here or call the rink at (760) 965-3695 during operating hours.
Inyo National Forest Winter Recreation: updates and reminders
- To keep user conflicts low, safety high and the snow fresh, Inyo National Forest staff would like to remind visitors to practice proper etiquette and follow regulations whether you’re skiing, snowshoeing, or snowmobiling through the forest.
- There have been some changes to the winter recreation program, specifically regarding trail grooming, along with a revised map on our revamped Winter Sports webpage. Here you can find the latest updates on which trails have been groomed, along with other winter sport recreation information.
- Forest trail grooming is conducted by a single Snowcat operator covering approximately 90 miles of trails on the forest, with assistance from the Town of Mammoth Lakes trail groomers closest to the town. Check the Mammoth Lakes area trails here for the latest conditions.
(From Town of Mammoth Lakes)