Results are posted by consolidated voting precincts, which change every election. You can view the regular precincts on the Inyo County GIS website.
Every election is subject to a post election audit. You can read more here.
Counting votes takes time! Here is why:
Our 1st Report posted is the results of all early voting. Voting can be done before Election Day by returning your mailed ballot or in person in our Elections Office. The reports posted on Election Day after the first report are the results of all in-person casted ballots. This does not include vote-by-mail ballots that were turned in to polling places on Election Day, as the signature on each envelope are validated to the identification of the registered voter prior to processing (EC § 3019). Click Here to read more about Facts about Mailed Ballots.
Mailed ballots that are posted marked by Election Day can be received through 11/15/22 (EC §3020). After Election Day will be processing all valid vote-by-mail ballots daily until completed beginning two days after Election Day. Updated result reports will be posted at the end of each day workday starting on 11/10/22. Mailed ballots that have been received on time but require signature confirmation can be counted through 11/21/22 (EC § 3019). The final Official Canvass of Votes (certified election results) will be completed by 11/23/2022. Please check our website regularly for updated election results.
November 8, 2022 Statewide General Election
Final election results for Inyo County Elections Office will be Certified on November 23, 2022.
1st Report as of 8:00pm 11/08/2022 – This report includes all vote by mail ballots that were received and processed prior to Election Day.
3rd Report as of 11:16pm 11/08/2022 – This is the semi-final report for election night and includes all votes cast in person at the polls
NOTE: The next results report will be posted on the evening of Thursday 11/10/2022.
(From Inyo County Elections)
Major Local Results
Updated from 7th Report
Kern Community College District Governing Board Member Trustee Area 2 (Vote for 1):
- CHRISTINA SCRIVNER: 1,839
- JENNIFER SLAYTON: 3,202
Supervisor, 1st District (Vote for 1):
- TRINA M. ORRILL: 880
- JEFF GABRIEL: 700
Supervisor, 3rd District (Vote for 1):
- SCOTT E. MARCELLIN: 763
- KODY JAEGER: 682
Sheriff (Vote for 1):
- STEPHANIE RENNIE: 3,630
- ERIC PRITCHARD: 3,368
Measure Q: Transient Occupancy Tax Equal Share Act Ordinance:
- Yes: 3,292
- No: 3,754
November 8, 2022 General Election Results
FINAL POSTED RESULTS INCLUDE:
- All Vote-by-Mail ballots received up to November 15, 2022 (Postmarked on or before Election Day)
- All Polling Place ballots
- All Vote-by-Mail ballots retrieved from Drop Boxes on Election Day
- All cured ballots with Signature Verification Statements received by 5 p.m., November 21, 2022
- All processed Provisional / Conditional Ballots from Election Day
- All ballots received by other counties and forwarded to Mono County (Received by other county on or before Election Day)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Polling place and early Vote-by-Mail ballots are counted on Election Night.
- Vote-by-Mail ballots received after November 5, 2022 are counted after Election Day.
- Provisional ballots are processed after Election Day and will be counted after elections officials have confirmed the person’s eligibility.
- Ballots postmarked on or before Election Day can be received and counted until November 15, 2022.
- Ballots received by other counties must be forwarded to Mono County no later than eight days after receipt and will be counted provided they were received by the other county on or before Election Day.
- Ballots with Mismatched Signature or Missing Signature can be “cured”. Signature Verification Statements must be received by the Mono County Elections office no later than 5 p.m. two (2) days prior to certification of the election, November 21, 2022.
- The Registrar of Voters will certify election results on November 23, 2022.
(From Mono County Elections)
Major Local Results
Updated from Final Report
Mono County Office of Education – Trustee Area 3 (Vote for 2):
- SUE M. BOUSKA: 870
- DREA PERRY: 1,504
- DAVE TITUS: 1,303
Kern Community College District – Trustee Area 2 (Vote for 1):
- CHRISTINA SCRIVNER: 530
- JENNIFER MAY SLAYTON: 1,277
Mammoth Lakes Town Council (Vote for 3):
- CHRIS BUBSER: 1,071
- AMANDA RICE: 989
- ELIZABETH “BETSY” TRUAX: 983
- CLELAND HOFF: 528
- JOHN WENTWORTH: 1,021
- STEVE “SETH” GUTHRIE: 345