INYO, and MONO COUNTIES – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the following project work and traffic impacts from these projects for the week of September 20 – September 24, 2021.
No reported traffic impacts.
· Mono Chain-up Areas – On U.S. Highway 6 about 2.4 miles north of Chalfant Road, crews will be installing a new 500-foot chain-control turnout and extending an existing culvert. Work is scheduled for Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, and on Friday from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control and drivers may experience delays of up to 20 minutes.
· Hammil Valley Shoulder Work – On U.S. Highway 6 between Chidago Canyon Road and Dawson Ranch Road, crews will be performing shoulder work and loading trucks with dirt and mud debris Tuesday through Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control with a pilot car and drivers may experience delays of up to 15 minutes.
· Grant Lake Thin Blanket – On State Route 158 (June Lake Loop), from the winter closure gate on the south side of Silver Lake to the north junction with U.S. Highway 395, crews will be performing a paving operation Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, and on Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control and drivers may experience delays of up to 20 minutes.
· Willow Springs Pole Replacement – On U.S. Highway 395 between Green Creek Road and Point Ranch Road south of Bridgeport, crews will be replacing utility poles on Tuesday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control and drivers may experience delays of up to 20 minutes.
· North Sherwin Shoulders – On U.S. Highway 395, from 2.4 miles south of Lower Rock Creek Road to 0.3 miles north of Lower Rock Creek Road, crews are widening the shoulders, upgrading drainage, installing skip rumble strips, adding guardrail, and erecting retaining walls to prevent disturbance of surrounding vegetation. Traffic is confined to the inner-most lanes by K-Rail and delineators until further notice. There is a bicycle detour on Lower Rock Creek Road. The speed limit is 55 miles per hour through the work zone. For more information about this project, watch this Caltrans District 9 NewsDash on YouTube at https://youtu.be/Pdh5EV6MOE4.
· Crowley Lake Erosion Control – On U.S. Highway 395 from 0.3 miles south of the South Landing Road exit near Crowley Lake to the South Landing Road exit, and on the northbound South Landing Road exit, crews will be performing shoulder work. The retaining walls have been finished. Work is scheduled for Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
· Lee Vining Utility Work – On U.S. Highway 395 in Lee Vining between the junction with State Route 120 W and Mattly Avenue, crews will perform maintenance work on Thursday from 6:00 am to 5:30 pm.
· Mono Chain-up Areas – On U.S. Highway 395 just south of State Route 270/Bodie Road, crews will be performing shoulder work Monday through Thursday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, and on Friday from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
· Bridgeport Sidewalk Work – Crews will be performing sidewalk work in Bridgeport between Sinclair Street and School Street, Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Projects on the state highway system with minimal or no delays:
Travelers are asked to be attentive to workers on the highway, slow for the cone zone and move over whenever possible to give additional clearance. Be Safe and Be Work Zone Alert!
Work schedules are subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9). To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap: (http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/).
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Christine Knadler at 760-937-7217 or TTY 711.