Caltrans Traffic Advisory for the Week of December 19 through December 23
Traffic Advisory for the Week of 12/19/2022 – 12/23/2022
EASTERN KERN, INYO, and MONO COUNTIES – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) announces the following project work and traffic impacts from these projects for the week of December 19 – December 23, 2022.
There will be no work on the state highway system on Thursday and Friday due to the winter holiday.
Eastern Kern County
· Cummings Valley Left-Turn Lane Project – On State Route 202 between 0.2 miles west of Cummings Valley Road and Banducci Road in the city of Tehachapi, crews are laying roadway base, constructing guardrail, and performing erosion control. Work is scheduled for Monday through Wednesday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. One-way traffic control with K-rail will remain in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Drivers may experience 20-minute delays.
· Big Pine Traffic Breaks – On U.S. Highway 395 between Pine Street and Locust Street, expect short traffic breaks for utility work on Tuesday from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Drivers may experience 5-minute delays.
· Cactus Flats Road Left Turn Lane – On U.S. Highway 395 from 0.5 miles south of the intersection with Cactus Flats Road to 0.5 miles north in the town of Olancha, crews will construct a southbound left turn lane and widen the highway. Work is scheduled for Monday through Wednesday from 6:30 am to 4:30 pm. There will be one-way traffic control 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Drivers may experience 20-minute delays.
· The Town Pass Rock Scaling Project has been completed.
· Walker Utility Work – On the eastbound lanes of U.S. Highway 395 between Eastside Lane and Hackney Drive, there will be utility work Monday through Wednesday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control and drivers may experience 20-minute delays.
Projects on the state highway system with minimal or no delays:
· Bishop Utility Pole Replacement – On the southbound lanes of U.S. Highway 395 between Matlick Lane and Pa-Ha Lane, crews will replace utility poles on Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
· Laws Utility Work – On the southbound lane of U.S. Highway 6 between Five Bridges Road and Silver Canyon Road, there will be utility work off the roadway on Wednesday from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
· Olancha Shoulder Closures – On U.S. Highway 395 at the junction with State Route 190 in Olancha, there will be intermittent shoulder closures to allow trucks access to deliver material Monday through Wednesday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travelers are asked to be attentive to workers on the highway, slow for the cone zone and move over whenever possible to give additional clearance. Be Safe and Be Work Zone Alert!
Work schedules are subject to change due to traffic incidents, weather, availability of equipment and/or materials, and/or construction-related issues.
Follow us for the latest information on Facebook (Caltrans District 9) and Twitter (@Caltrans9) or email us at [email protected]. To assist in planning your commute, view live traffic conditions using QuickMap at http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/.
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Bob Gossman at 760-881-7145 or TTY 711.