Caltrans to Host Free Dump Day at the Lone Pine Landfill and the Independence Landfill
Who: Caltrans and Inyo County
What: Caltrans is hosting a free dump day Sunday, December 11th at the Lone Pine and Independence Landfills. Trash loads should be sorted and properly tarped before transporting to the transfer station.
Dump Day events are organized to further the Caltrans goal of keeping our highways litter-free as part of the Clean California Initiative.
Acceptable residential waste includes:
- Household and yard waste
- Glass, wood, metal, electronics, and recyclables
- Appliances, TVs, mattresses, and furniture
- Tires (rims removed, limit 9 at a time)
The following will not be accepted at the free dump day:
- Commercial waste
- Tractor/heavy equipment tires
- Hazardous waste
- Pesticides, herbicides, chemicals, sharps, and disinfectants
When: Sunday, December 11th from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Lone Pine Landfill
- South of Lone Pine on Substation Road, Lone Pine, CA 93545
- Independence Landfill
- South of Independence on Dump Road, Independence, CA 93526
Visit CleanCA.com to learn more about how Clean California is transforming communities and how you can get involved. Visit the Caltrans District 9 Clean California website to learn more about programs and events in eastern Kern, Inyo, and Mono Counties.