Caltrans to Host Free Dump Day at the Bishop-Sunland Landfill
on Saturday, January 29, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
BISHOP, CA — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is hosting a free dump day on Saturday, January 29th from 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at the Bishop-Sunland Landfill in Inyo County. The free dump day is part of the Clean California program, a statewide initiative to remove litter, create jobs, and beautify California.
Trash loads should be sorted and properly tarped down before transporting to the dump. Per state law, transport only 9 waste tires at a time. The free dump day is open to residential waste. Commercial waste will not be free.
Acceptable residential waste includes:
· Household waste, yard waste, Christmas trees
· Glass, wood, metal
· Appliances, TVs, mattresses, and furniture
· Oil, electronics, and recyclables
· Tires (limit 9 at a time)
The following will not be covered by the free dump day:
· Commerical waste and commercial hazardous waste
· Tractor/heavy equipment tires
· Household hazardous waste
· Pesticides, herbicides, chemicals, sharps, and disinfectants
To learn more about Clean California, visit CleanCA.com.