Caltrans Pavement Projects Scheduled for Next Week
BISHOP – Work is scheduled to begin next week on multiple Caltrans highway maintenance projects in Mono and Inyo counties. Each project listed below is a thin blanket project, where construction crews lay down a .15’ hot-mix asphalt overlay that will extend the life of the pavement.
- State Route 182 Thin Blanket Project
- The SR 182 Thin Blanket Project will start on Monday at 7:00 am. The project area extends from Masonic Road just north of Bridgeport to the Nevada State Line. Project work will run Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. There will be one-way traffic control through the work area and drivers may experience delays of up to 20 minutes. This project has 30 allotted working days.
- Smokey Bear Flat Thin Blanket Project
- The Smokey Bear Flat Thin Blanket Project will begin on Monday at 7:00 am on U.S. 395. This project extends from the junction of State Route 203 to 1.2 miles north of Glass Creek Road. There will be one lane open in each direction throughout the construction phase. Work on the project will run Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm and the speed limit will be reduced to 55 miles per hour through the construction zone. This project has 45 allotted working days.
- Westgard/Chalfant Thin Blanket Project
- This project, which is currently in construction on U.S. 6 near Chalfant Valley in Mono County, will shift focus to its second location next week. Work on the U.S. 6 portion of this project is ongoing, but construction will transition to State Route 168 E near White Mountain Road in Inyo County. Work on this project will take place in the overnight hours of Sunday through Friday from 8:00 pm to 8:00 am. Drivers may experience delays of up to 20 minutes. This project has 45 allotted working days.
For the latest information on road closures, please visit the Caltrans QuickMap site at quickmap.dot.ca.gov or download the app to your smartphone. You can also call the Road Condition Hotline at 1-800-427-ROAD (7623).
For those with sensory disabilities requiring alternate formats (i.e. Braille, large print, sign language interpreter, etc.) and those needing information in a language other than English, please contact Bob Gossman at (760) 881-7145 or TTY 711.