Mono County Wellness Winter Program Schedule
Click here for information about the Mammoth Lakes program schedule.
- Ongoing – closed on school and government holidays.
- Monday and Friday from 3:30-5:00pm
- Free afterschool program for middle and high school students. Snacks, activities and help with homework provided.
Free Yoga and Guided Meditation
- Ongoing, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 1:30-3:00pm
- Bring a towel or yoga mat and relax your mind and body.
Senior Breakfast Club
- Returns on Sunday, January 2 from 8:00-9:00am
- Various Locations Join us for coffee, a light breakfast, community, and conversation
- Returns Sunday, January 2, 2022; Sundays and Wednesdays
- Sundays from 5:00-7:00pm & Wednesdays from 6:00-8:00pm
- Join us for game night at the Sierra Wellness Center. A variety of board games are available. All ages and abilities are welcome.
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022 from 6:00-8:00pm
Parents of LBGTQ+ Support Group
- Tuesday, January 18, 2022 from 6:00-8:00pm
- Friday, December 31, 2021 from 5:00-8:00pm
- Come ring in the new year and celebrate compassion, community, connection, and understanding with Mx. Sabrina Rose at the Sierra Wellness Center.
Mono Arts Council
Art + Wine
Join us at the Community Arts Center to learn how to paint, draw, print, mosaic, etc… all while in the real or ‘virtual’ company of friends. Taught by local and visiting artists, you’ll come away with a masterpiece. It’s okay if you don’t consider yourself an artist – let us show you how to unleash your creative spirit! Click here to register or for more information.
- January 12 at 5:30pm – Mirror Mosaics, with Kristen Schipke
Mammoth Lakes Library
Storytime and Reading Challenge
In addition to our weekly Facebook Live Storytimes on Wednesdays at 10:30am and in Spanish alternate Fridays at 10:30am on Mammoth Lakes Library’s Facebook page, Mono County Library’s winter reading challenge is back with #WinterReads2022. Click through the link to find out more and sign up.
Makerspace and MonoBookBox Program
The library continues to offer free all-ages seasonal Makerspace Kits and Activity Zines for pick up at the front desk, along with Storytime To Go bags for young families at Mammoth Lakes Library. School age kids can still sign up for a few remaining slots in our winter MonoBookBox Program and high school age teens can participate in our Evolution of Storytelling Project which includes free journaling boxes and zine-making kits and this season adds in-house use of iPads for digital story creation and recording equipment for oral history/podcast style storytelling. Adults can take advantage of our Drop-In Sewing Machine Time at the 2nd floor Makerspace every Wednesday from 2:30-4:30pm
Additional information: monocolibraries.org.